Detroit Sports

Thursday, February 10, 2005

One Year in the Making

Today is this site's one year anniversary. Today exactly a year ago I started this site with this post.

This is my brand new detroit sports website. I will be bringing all the detroit news right to you.

I started very slow with some very very bad posts. My first half way decent post was perhaps this one.

This season the detroit tigers have made some incredible acquisitions. I have been so amazed how Mike I. has finally used some of his money to get some good players. They acquired Fernando Vina a very good defensive shortstop ,Carlos G. A good hitter and fielder, Jason J. probably going to be their number one starter, and Al Levine a good middle relief man. But the player who has been the biggest signing, of course, is Ivan"Pudge"Rodriguez. He is their biggest free agent signing in the club's history. He brings leadership and puts people in the seats. Now many people don't realize that their second biggest signing was Rondell White. He had incredible stats for how little money the tigers signed him for. He had 22 home runs and 85 rbi. last year. For the tigers that would have been their second best hitter behide Dimitri Young last season. This is going to be a fun year for the tigers,but I don't expect them to contend for the division title just yet. They are 1 year away I think. They will be much improved from last year and I'm expecting them to win around 68-75 games. Hopefully I'm wrong and they can contend for the title in the weak division they are in. All I can say is that I can't wait for opening day.

My site slowly got more visits and it now averages about 30-60 unique visitors a day and about 275 unique visitors a week. My highest day was right around the time of the big brawl at the Palace a few monthes ago. That day I got 456 visits and that week I got 1434 visits. I have gotten 10,000 visits or more since starting this site(probably around 13,000). I am linked to almost every Detroit Sports related site and I am linked to over 70 sites total.

I do not consider my site an excellent one and I know it could be a lot better. I know I could post a lot more and I am sorry for not doing that. However, I do think my site has gotten better over the past year. I have learned more and more about how to write at a quality level. I am still learning and I am still trying to improve.

I have enjoyed running this site very much. I have even made some money from advertisers, something I thought would never happen. I hope at least a few of you read my site on a regular basis. My site is small and it will probably never contend with the much bigger sites but I am still happy at how far it has come(in my mind). I am probably going to end this site and start fresh with some other Detroit Sports bloggers so you the reader can have much more coverage of the Detroit Sports scene. I am also probably going to incorporate some national sports as well. It should fun but I will be sad to see this site end. It was a good year long run here and I hope at least a few of you have enjoyed it.

I want to say thanks to a few people who have majorly helped this site. I mostly would like to thank Matt from On the Wings for helping me out with my site a ton when it first started. Also I would like to thank Evan at Firebrand of the AL and Randy from Red Sox Haven for making the cool banners I have used.

Finally I would also like to say thanks to the people who have read, praised, and yes, even criticized my site.

Here are some of my best posts(in my mind).
Detroit Sports:A year in review
Williams and Jones
A Dark Day in Detroit
Carlos Guillen
An Era Ending
Darko Who?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home