With the recent signing of Magglio Ordonez
, the Tigers can now start to think of their starting lineup for the 2005 season that is coming up soon. Here is the projected lineup as well as the best stats for each player from last season.
1) Alex Sanchez CF (.322 batting average, 19 stolen bases)
2) Carlos Guillen SS (.318 batting average, 97 RBIs, 20 homeruns, 97 runs)
3) Ivan Rodriguez C (.334 batting average, 86 RBIs, 19 homeruns)
4) Magglio Ordonez RF (.317 batting average, 99 RBIs, 29 homeruns)
5) Dmitri Young DH (18 homeruns, 60 RBIs)
6) Rondell White LF (19 homeruns, 67 RBIs)
7) Carlos Pena 1b (27 homeruns, 87 RBIs, 70 walks)
8) Brandon Inge 3b (.287 batting average, 64 RBIs)
9) Omar Infante 2b (55 RBIs, 13 stolen bases)
-I used Ordonez's stats from 2003 because he was injured for most of last season.
Unless there is an injury, that will be probably be the starting lineup on opening day. Here is the bottom line, the Tigers lineup will be very good this year. Everybody up there can hit. The Tigers hit pretty good last year and this year they will be even better. The addition of Ordonez will be a big help. This is their best lineup in years and it will be exciting to watch.